Wednesday, 3 September 2014

X Axis Progress

Last night I finally got a chance to finish soldering up the X axis motor leads. I had to cut the original soldering I'd done as 3 of the 4 leads were wrong (Not quite sure how that happened) I confirmed what the connections should be, then tested with jumper leads in case I got one pair backwards.

It all worked first time so I soldered it up. 

It's not pretty but it works and for now I just need it to work so I can finish this. I tested again(Learnt my lesson... for now) and taped it up. 

As you can see I have cheated a little and am just using sellotape. I know it's not really intended for this use but the electrical tape I have is rubbish and doesn't even stick to itself, let alone the wire.

Next will be the Z Axis, hopefully soon.