Wednesday 8 June 2016

I'm Glad something was warm on the weekend

On Sunday we managed to find the warmest thing in town, and a good thing too. It would've been a fairly miserable, cold day otherwise.
That's one very big heater. This is the NSWGR Beyer Garratt 6029 which was running tours out of Bathurst over the weekend. We decided to drop by and have a look. I also managed to grab some video of it starting and also of it climbing the hill at Tumulla.

This is a piece of burned coal that managed to get caught in my hair when we actually rode the train. It was fair getting going so there was a good bit of draft. With a stronger draft the fire is made hotter but it also causes stuff like this to get pulled out of the chimney.

This is a video I took of it starting from the platform at Bathurst:


And here it is going up the hill at Tumulla. I didn't have a tripod for my phone and my hands are far too shaky to hold a camera for this sort of video so I sat the phone on top of a star picket as a kind of monopod. While not being perfect I think it dis help greatly.



That's all for now. I'm off to find another heater though.

Cheers,
Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment