Monday 12 October 2015

Marble Madness

During my cleanup the other weekend I found this old Logitech Marble Mouse among my collection. I have used this in the past and I vaguely recollected that it was fairly nice to use. To see if that was still the case I have been using it at work for the last week or so. To see how I've been getting along with it follow along after the break.

I must say that it is really nice to use. This is quite important when you're sitting at your desk for most of the day nearly every day. However there is one feature that is conspicuous by it's absence. There is not built in way to scroll. Thankfully it has 4 buttons not the standard 2 which means that with the help of X Mouse Button Control I have configured the 2 small buttons to handle scroll and center click. This works great in almost everything. However the scrolling in Internet Explorer leaves something to be desired.

With a little research I discovered that this is caused by smooth scrolling that is enabled by default on my computer. To turn it off, first open the Internet Options dialog.
Then open the Advanced tab.
Scroll down the list until you find Use smooth scrolling. Uncheck this box then close out with OK. Congratulations, you now have turned off smart scrolling and your computer will become a little more usable.

If you have any other tips or tricks for standard or non-standard mice post below in the comments and let everyone else know.

Cheers,
Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment